The province of Vicenza can count on a morphological and geographical variety where mountains, hills, rivers, streams, as well as some lakes and the plain merge, becoming a tourist offer that has nothing to envy to more famous destinations under the cultural, artistic, historical and environmental aspects.
Landscape and architecture are considered unique elements, thanks to which the city of Vicenza and the villas of A. Palladio have earned the inclusion in the UNESCO World Heritage List.
There are several post-congress activities to choose from:
- Cultural proposals, visit to the city of Vicenza and the Palladian Villas, the towns of Bassano, Thiene, Marostica, exhibitions, historical reenactments, concerts in the setting of historic buildings or in the charming Olympic Theatre;
- The rich food-and-wine offer: from wines, grappa and distillates to the typical products such as baccalà (stockfish), the sopressa (a kind of salami), Asiago cheese, polenta, sweets, to name a few;
- Shopping and visiting routes in the factories, in the third Italian province for export with a great tradition in the jewelry, ceramic, textile and leather sector, home to brands such as Diesel, Dainese, Bottega Veneta;
- Sports and outdoor activities, in summer and winter time, in the hills and the Pre-alps;
- Industrial archeology in particular in Schio and Valdagno;
- Routes to the religious places of worship and pilgrimages.
Discover what our territory has to offer here www.vicenzae.org